FCE Exam- ‘The First’
Cambridge English: First, often called the FCE exam is a test for people who need to prove they can use everyday written and spoken English.
The FCE exam is set at Level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.B2 is the level of English that you need to:
- start working in English
- study at an upper intermediate level
- understand the main ideas of a complex piece of writing
- hold a conversation on a fairly wide range of topics. B2 level users can express opinions and present arguments
- produce clear, detailed writing. B2 level users can express opinions and explain the advantages and disadvantages of different points of view.
World-class recognitionThe FCE is a truly international exam. It is recognised by thousands of employers. The FCE exam is also accepted by a wide range of colleges and universities.
The exam has four papers. See the green table for the format of the test.
Your resultsThe FCE exam gives detailed, meaningful results. All candidates will receive a Statement of Results. Candidates whose performance ranges between CEFR Levels C1 and B1 will also get a certificate.
Statement of ResultsThis document outlines:
- Your score on the Cambridge English Scale for each of the four papers
- Your score on the Cambridge English Scale for the overall exam
- Your grade (A, B, C, Level B1) for the overall exam
- Your CEFR level for the overall exam
For more details on the FCE exam, or to understand your results better, you can visit the Cambridge English website.
We currently have a special offer on afternoon FCE exam classes: Get 3 hours for the price of two